The Speedcubing Champagne-Ardenne association
announces the 6th edition of the Champagne Open,
in Rheims, 8 and 9th of September 2018 !
Update : 9/08
An email has been send to all competitors.
It contains a link to a form, that will help us organize the event is a way for you to fully take advantage of the weekend. Please make sure you received it, and please fill it.
If you haven’t received it, contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration limit is 110 competitors.
NEW : WCA fee and AFS fee
To have a completed registration you have to make an **online payment of 10€** on the registration page.
In the general case, those 10€ represent :
– 1€ = attendance fee (WCA fee + AFS fee) (The AFS is national association providing a good part of the competition equipement)
– 9€ = attendance guarantee (fully refunded if you attend the competition)
Particular cases :
If you’re an AFS member or if it’s your first competition, the 1€ attendance fee is supported by the AFS (national french association of speedcubing).
In either of these cases, you will have to make the 10€ online payment, and your attendance guarantee will then be of an amount of 10€.
Attendance guarantee refunding :
The attendance guarantee will be fully refunded if :
– you participate to at least one event ;
– you cancel your registration at last the 5th of september, i.e. at least 48 hours before the competition.
The organization team will take care of refunding the proper amount of your attendance guarantee depending on your case : general case 9€, particular case 10€.
The total amount of 10€ will be fully refunded if you cancel your registration at last the 5th of september, i.e. at least 48 hours before the competition. After that date the total amount will be lost.
The Champagne Open 2018 will take place at the hall of Tinqueux, (address : rue de la Croix Cordier (see on voir sur GoogleMaps), saturday and sunday 8 and 9th of september 2018.
- Registrations and rules
- Stand of the festival « Faîtes du Jeu »
- Where to sleep
- How to get there
- Saturday evening diner
- Contact us
- Souvenir of the previous Champagne Open
- Discover the association Speedcubing Champagne-Ardenne
The competition is free and open to everyone.
Registration is mandatory on the offical WCA website, by following thoses steps :
- Create a WCA account if you don’t have one : create a WCA account
- Click on the following link : Champagne Open 2018 registration
- Make the 10€ payment to validate your registration
- Choose your events by clicking on each icons
- Click to confirm and wait until we validate your registration
- If you are not on waiting list, your name will soon appear on the registration list : List of Registered Competitiors
- Registration is limited to 100 competitors and has to be done before the 3th of Septembre, 2017.
- World Cube Association regulations will be applied : World Cube Association regulations
- Resultats will be transcripted live on CubeComps and will be register in the WCA database.
- Events : 3×3, 2×2, 4×4, 5×5, 6×6, 7×7, 3×3 blindfolded, 3×3 OH, Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb, 3×3 multiple blindfolded, 4×4 blindfolded, 5×5 blindfolded.Schedule is available here : Schedule
- For any questoin, contact us at speedcubingCA@gmail.com
Stand of the Festival « Faîtes du Jeu »
The Champagne Open 2018 will be one of the biggest stand of the Tinqueux’s Game Festival : « Faîtes du Jeu » organized by the Ludomania association.
Sandwiches and beverages will be sold by a stand of the Festival.
Where to sleep
- CIS de Champagne (see on GoogleMaps) : link
- Première Classe Hotel (see on GoogleMaps) : link
- Formule 1 Hotel (see on GoogleMaps) : link
How to get there
By car : park just aside the hall (see on GoogleMaps)
By train :
- From Champagne-Ardenne TGV station : take bus line 13 to Casanova stop (see on GoogleMaps Casanova stop), 25min of bus travel, then by foot to the hall.
- From Reims Centre station : take the tramway to Comédie stop, then take bus ligne 8 to Casanova stop(see on GoogleMaps Casanova stop), then by foot to the hall.
By bus :
- Take bus line n°13 to Casanova stop (see on GoogleMaps where the stop is), than walk to the hall.
- Take bus line n°8 to Casanova stop (see on GoogleMaps where the stop is), then walk to the hall.
Link : Schedule
Saturday evening friendly diner
We invite every competitor to a big friendly diner saturday evening. The big diner will be shared with the organization team of the Festival and stand animators.
Diner will start between 7:30pm and 8pm and will be made up of some crackers, beverage, various salads, cold meat, cheese and desert. Price will be 14€ maximum per person, including non-consumable (tableware, napkin and tablecloth).
For any question, remark or suggestion, contact us at : speedcubingCA@gmail.com.
Souvenir of the previous Champagne Open !
Find every photos of last year Champagne Open on our facebook page: Speedcubing Champagne-Ardenne
Click on the link to find every WCA official results of Champagne Open 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 !